[rrd-users] Problem when compiling rrdtool 1.2.16 (missing libart-2.0)

lvassile at netscape.net lvassile at netscape.net
Wed Jan 24 21:26:00 CET 2007

While compiling RRdtool 1.2.16 I have the following error:

************************

configure: WARNING:
---
* I found a copy of pkgconfig, but there is no libart-2.0.pc file
around.
  You may want to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to point to its
  location.
---

configure: WARNING:
---
* I could not find a working copy of libart-2.0. Check config.log for
hints on why
   this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
   so that compiler and the linker can find libart_lgpl_2 and its header
files. If
   you have not installed libart-2.0, you can get it either from its
original home on

     ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libart_lgpl/2.3/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of libart-2.0 is 2.3.17.

       LIBS=-lpng -lz -lm
   LDFLAGS=
   CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/freetype-2.1.10/include/ -I
/usr/local/libart_lgpl-2.3.17 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0

---

checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for png_access_version_number in -lpng... yes
checking png.h usability... yes
checking png.h presence... yes
checking for png.h... yes
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
checking ft2build.h usability... yes
checking ft2build.h presence... yes
checking for ft2build.h... yes
configure: error: Please fix the library issues listed above and try
again.

Here is how CPPFLAGS variable looks like  : export
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/freetype-2.1.10/include/ -I
/usr/local/libart_lgpl-2.3.17"

I compiled and installed successfully  libpng, freetype and libart on
that Red Hat server.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have....
L.