[rrd-users] Adding longer periods to existing databases?

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Thu Jul 12 16:46:55 CEST 2007

The following seems like it might be a common problem:

I've replicated the MRTG 'standard' four graphs: 24 hours, 7 days, 4
weeks, previous year.

But now I'd like to keep daily averages for *three* years as well. Can
this modification be applied to existing RRDtool files? Is there a common
way of going about it? If I must create a new one with 5 RRAs, can I
'seed' it with data from the old one? Would 'rrdresize' be useful here?

Thanks,

Joe