[rrd-users] changing y values on an up/down graph

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 20:01:54 CEST 2007

Eric J. Bowser wrote:

>I'd still like to graph my values in both directions from the "0" on the
>x-axis.  Is this possible, or will I have to put both values going upward?

You mean you convert one set of values to negative (or collect them
that way) so that they plot down from teh X axis, but you want the
value printed in teh legend (with gprint) to be positive ?

Just modify your definitions, eg if both are positive values then :

value1=<some rrd selection>
value2=<a different rrd selection>

value2b=value2 * -1

plot value1
plot value2b

print value1, value2

So you print the positive value2, but plot the negative value2b
derived from it.