[rrd-users] Graphing min-max ranges

Gerhard Strangar g.s at arcor.de
Sun Jul 29 11:39:39 CEST 2007

High,

I've got some RRDs with a min and a max RRA and I'd like to graph these
ranges. My first attempt war to draw an AREA using the max RRA in color
and then draw an AREA using the min RRA using white. However, this only
works for non-negative data.
I'm thinking about changing from those white AREAs to drawing an
invisible line and stacking an area calculated from max-min on top of
it. Or is there a way of drawing an area which does not start on the x-axis?
The next step would be to combine two of those Ranges into one PNG file,
so I tried using tranparency from RRDTool 1.2.23, but using transparency
 makes the colors become pale (I'm using white background). I'd prefer
the colors to "OR" together, which means if they are red (FF0000) and
blue (0000FF), the overlapping area should be magenta (FF00FF). Is that
possible without several CDEFs and explicitly drawing the magenta stuff?

--
 * Origin: Fido over IP (2:240/2188.575)