[rrd-users] Problems with building on Suse Linux 9.0

Danny Willis groover4life at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:27:35 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have been using rrdtool version 1.1 for quite some time now, using Suse's default installation of the application.  I am now trying to upgrade one of my applications which requires rrdtool 1.2.  Suse does not have a built in update for rrdtool 1.2 so I have to install it manually.

Of course there is no rpm for my specific build of Suse Linux (9.0 Enterprise Server, 64-bit) so I need to build rrd.

I am having the normal library problem where it is unable to located the libpng and the libart libraries.  I have followed the instructions to download and manually build these libraries and then changed the environment variables to point to where the libraries and header files were placed, but I am still receiving the same error when trying the following command:

/configure --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR

Any ideas?  This is really gotten me hamstrung and I'm unable to upgrade my applications until I am able to resolve this.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Dan