[rrd-users] Unable to use RRDs.pm for perl scripts

Paul Parrish pparrish at cablevision.com
Tue Jun 12 01:07:40 CEST 2007

All,

  I am having difficulty using the perl portion of the rrd tool.  I
compiled and installed rrd with the --enable-perl-site-install option.
It did exactly as expected and installed the files into my perl
distribution:

root at opscgi(/opt/ActivePerl-5.8): find . -name RRD*
./html/site/lib/RRD
./html/site/lib/RRDp.html
./html/site/lib/RRDs.html
./site/lib/auto/RRD
./site/lib/auto/RRDp
./site/lib/auto/RRDs
./site/lib/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so
./site/lib/auto/RRDs/RRDs.bs
./site/lib/RRD
./site/lib/RRDp.pm
./site/lib/RRDs.pm
./site/man/man3/RRD::Simple::Examples.3
./site/man/man3/RRD::Simple.3
./site/man/man3/RRDp.3
./site/man/man3/RRDs.3

my @INC is as follows:

  @INC:
    /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/site/lib
    /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib
    .

but when I try to run my perl script(which works perfectly fine on
another box) I get the following error:

Can't load '/opt/ActivePerl-5.8/site/lib/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for module
RRDs: ld.so.1: graphcpu1.cgi: fatal: librrd.so.2: open failed: No such
file or directory at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at ./graphcpu1.cgi line 4
Compilation failed in require at ./graphcpu1.cgi line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./graphcpu1.cgi line 4.

the beginning of my perl script is as follows:

#!/opt/ActivePerl-5.8/bin/perl -w

# Library Declarations
use RRDs;  (I've tried with an without this line, no difference)
use strict;
use CGI;
use DBI;
use RRD::Simple;