[rrd-users] rrdtool 1.3 progress

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Jun 14 23:06:59 CEST 2007

Folks,

I have run some preliminary performance tests with Bernhards MMAP
stuff. Herare are some results from my Thinkpad:

* in-cache update performance went up form 12k/s to 22k/s

* cache usage is greatly reduced (3-5 times is my guess). this lets
  more rrd files stay in cache which again reduces the need to read
  data from disk and improves performance ...

* The max to-disk-write-speed of 250 updates/s gets realised much
  more often. My guesstimate is that 1.3 should be able todo 50k
  updates in a 5 minute interval on a 5.4krpm laptop disk with 1GB
  ram in the box.

I have also added a new command TEXTALIGN to the rrdtool graph
module that lets you specify the default legend alignement. Until
now it was always "justified" unless you used escape characters at
the end of a line.

I continue to update the

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/wiki/RRDtool13

document