[rrd-users] Web log graphing

J-H Johansen ondemannen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:23:24 CEST 2007

On 6/19/07, Richard Pyne <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:
> Before I re-invent the wheel, does anyone have or know of scripts to graph
> the total bytes transfered using the data from an Apache web log?
>
> I know I can handle the rrdtool part, but I am not sure how to collect and
> total the data from the web log.
>
> Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

If you're keeping one access log per virtual domain, all you need to
do is to figure out which column the transferred bytes are kept in and
grep them out with shell script or Perl (or Ruby).

-
J-H Johansen
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...