[rrd-users] VDEF hangs rrdtool

Dag Erlandsson langarod2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:12:01 CEST 2007

It looks like it was the optimizer. If turning it off it works OK.
Added some other printf and fond that the steps was wrong calculated.

The Diff is src->end - src->start (not calculated corrct)

Diff=4294880656
Step=240
DEBUG: start == 1182873600, end == 1182960240, 17895336 steps

I tested with some other expression to get it correct.

steps = ((long)src->end - (long)src->start) / src->step; Same result.

steps = src->end;
steps -= src->start;
steps /= src->step;
Also same result.

I was not able to find any expression that gives the correct result with
optimition.

Thanks for the help.

/Dag