[rrd-users] Fetching from the beginning of an RRD file

Travis Spencer travislspencer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 19:18:30 CET 2007

On 3/2/07, Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at ergens.op.het.net> wrote:
> If you're interested in as much data as possible, without paying too
> much attention to resolution, go for the RRA with the largest amount
> of time in it.

I'm only interested in knowing the oldest time stamp for the AVERAGE
CF.  The least expensive, quickest way to get this is what I would
like.

What do others think of a patch to allow a start time of `beginning'
which would go through the steps Alex has outlined in previous posts
to include data from the "beginning" of an RRD file?  Thus,

    rrdtool fetch foo.rrd AVERAGE -s beginning

would return the all averages in foo.rrd.

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer