[rrd-users] Fetching from the beginning of an RRD file

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Mar 4 04:21:54 CET 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 03:19:47PM -0800, Travis Spencer wrote:

> I am proposing a new special word that can be used as a start time; it
> will be equated to the same time as that returned by rrd_first.

_if_ this is going to be implemented, I think not only 'first' (or
whatever it is going to be called) but also 'last' needs to be present.
Sure, last will be close to 'now' in most cases, but this does not
have to be the case.

> Perhaps we should move this discussion to the developer's list.

Maybe.  But is there enough demand for this to justify changing the
program, possibly introducing new bugs which may affect many users!

I think you need to find out here.
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/