[rrd-users] Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ...

Steffen.Pelzetter at nexans.com Steffen.Pelzetter at nexans.com
Fri Mar 16 12:24:08 CET 2007

Hello,.

I have a problem  compiling your rrdtool-1.2.19 on my system an
Alphaserver 4100
(Rawhide)
checking build system type... alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu

I could compile all the needed libraries, but if I try configure the
rrdtool I get an error:

checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... not isnan(NaN) ...
no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (tobi at oetiker.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

Therefore I tried to find information about the problem and gcc.
I've found an article

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/DEC-Alpha-Options.html

How can I implement the required option into the configure file?
Can you implement it?

Steffen