[rrd-users] Special Formula Help?

Wintle, Rod Rod.Wintle at twcable.com
Mon Mar 26 22:17:49 CEST 2007

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a hand with how to accomplish the
following:

I have a router interface setup in cacti to poll ever 5 minutes.
Each hour, I want to roll that 12 x 5 minute values into a average
Each day, I want to take the 8 largest 1 hour averages (busiest 8 hours)
and create a value that would represent the value for the day.

The graph that I wish to create would have an X axis that is at the DAY
level and a Y that is bandwidth.

So, basically, the graph only updates once per day with a value that is
equal to the average utilization for the busiest 8 hours.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

--Rod

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.