[rrd-users] rrdfetch resolution problem

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu May 3 02:10:08 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 05:02:22PM -0400, Matt Pounsett wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification.. I understand what's going on now, and
> should be able to work around it.  I think we'll wind up re-creating
> these in order to get more of the data we want, later.

Don't forget to read that fine manual on "rrdtool resize" !
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdresize.en.html

Do not increase the amount of rows significantly in one go.  Do this
bit by bit, or else you will see NaN a lot when you query data that
is available in other RRAs, but rrdtool selects the 5-minute RRA as
a best match. Think about this for a while if you don't get it at
first.

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt