[rrd-users] How to represent national characters on the graphs?

Sam Umbach sumbach at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:22:10 CEST 2007

On 5/4/07, roma.a.g at gmail.com <roma.a.g at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, rrd-users.
> How do I represent national characters on the graphs?
> I'v searching the list, but didn't get the clue...

rrdtool accepts strings in UTF-8 encoding, so you can simply use
unicode in your GPRINT, LINE, AREA, and STACK directives.  You may
also have to change the font to one containing the appropriate glyphs.
 The default font DejaVuSansMono-Roman.ttf contains glyphs for most
western European languages.  You'll need another font for Asian
languages, Arabic, Russian, etc.

-Sam