[rrd-users] specifying rrdgraph dimensions

Matthew Chambers matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu
Mon May 7 22:20:36 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Is there a way to tell rrdtool to generate a graph image (including the
legend) with exactly the dimensions provided to it on the command line?
I've done a hackish workaround which involves running rrdtool twice, so that
the extra width and height of the legend can be detected and then
compensated for, but that is quite suboptimal and not very scalable.
Otherwise, is there a way to get more control over how the legend is
formatted?  My hackish workaround doesn't always work because if the legend
format changes (i.e. goes from one line to two lines) when the width is
adjusted, the adjustments are invalid.

Thanks,

Matt Chambers