[rrd-users] mrtg logs to rrd format conversion

Kenworthy, Brian bkenworthy at firstam.com
Thu May 10 06:08:36 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am running mrtg version 2.13.2 on Windows 2003 and I am trying to run
my new config and use the RRD log format.  It seems to be failing to
convert the mrtg logs to rrd format and I am getting the following
errors:

Daemonizing MRTG ...
Do Not close this window. Or MRTG will die
ERROR: Cannot tune logfile: can't handle RRD file version 0003
ERROR: Cannot update C:\www\mrtg\connex\vmsprodweb05.rrd with
'1178669496:1:1' can't handle RRD file version 0003
Use of uninitialized value in modulus (%) at mrtg line 752.
Use of uninitialized value in modulus (%) at mrtg line 752.
Illegal modulus zero at mrtg line 752.
*** Restarting after 10 seconds in an attempt to recover from the error
above
Can't exec "mrtg": No such file or directory at mrtg line 346.
Illegal modulus zero at mrtg line 752.

If anyone can offer any insight, that would be great.  I have
successfully created new config files which are using RRD format without
any issues, but I would like to convert my historical data that my old
configs have been generating.

Thanks in advance,
Brian