[rrd-users] RRD Graphs on the fly?

John Nicastro jnicastr at cablevision.com
Tue May 15 00:28:25 CEST 2007

Hello, new to RRD so bare with me. WOuld like to do the following,
please let me know if possible and point to a "how-to" if it exists:

1) ONLY WHEN USER INITIATES, Import data from Oracle table holding
samples (5 min based), convert into RRD
2) Create on-the-fly graphs from this data for the user

So, we have a PERL cgi. User selects a router from a list, query is
sent to Oracle to grab data for this router for the last 4 hours (this
part is done). I need to know what my next steps are to properly convert
this data into RRD format and then graph the data. All this on the fly
from a web based form.

Can someone help with examples?

Data samples from Oracle are below:

UnixTimeStamp,bytesIn