[rrd-users] Python, rrdtool on gentoo

VladoPortos vladoportos at bancodata.eu
Tue May 15 01:21:43 CEST 2007

Hi all,

im curious if somebody run into similar problem as me.

net-analyzer/rrdtool 1.2.15-r3
py-rrdtool 1.0_beta1
Python 2.4.3
GCC 3.4.6 (Gentoo 3.4.6-r2, ssp-3.4.6-1.0, pie-8.7.10

I installed rrdtool without a problem, and also its running fine when
using ssh scripts or other methods... but i also installed module for
python py-rrd which also installed ok but when i do:

 >>> import rrdtool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initrrdtool)

it give this error. I have another box where i have completly the same
version of this programs ( gento OS also ) and there its working fine
only diference is that on pc where its works is pentium 4 32bit and on
pc where it dont is amd X2 64bit (aslo os is 64bit)

Any idea how to fix it ? i found kind of patch on net but dont know how
to use it see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/rrd-developers@lists.oetiker.ch/msg01740.html

Any ideas?

Best regards