[rrd-users] backup of the rrd file

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 17:10:49 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm running rrd on a Linksys router. Presently the rrd file resides
on a flash partition.
I want to move it to a ramdisk. And then copy it once a day via cron
into the flash.

What happens if there is a process just using the rrd file while the
cron
job wants to copy it? Does the linux filesystem takes care of this
situation or
does rrd keeps a lock when using the file and the copy is delayed
until the
lock is released? Can the rrd file become inconsistent?

Maybe this is more a linux question than a rrd question. But I hope you
can point me to the right direction.

Thanks,
Peter

--