[rrd-users] delayed updates

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Tue Nov 13 18:28:13 CET 2007

> older data.  If we push current data into an RRD file, is it possible
> to push older data into it since the lastupdated timestamp will be
> greater?  Is it possible to fill in the gap without having to send all
> the old data at once?

Nope.  SEnd the oldest data first.  Maybe don't send it all at once - but
record into rrd from your queue oldest first.

If the data is too much, you might consider a max amount that you'll keep
in the queue, and if you queue more, drop older entries (creating a gap)
but once your system is back online and catches up you'll have recent
history.