[rrd-users] Find the DEF and value at x, y on graph image (for mouse-over)?

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:18:02 CET 2007

Hi,

I'd like to be able to present a mouse-over tooltip showing the name of
the graph, the current time, and the current value for a particular x,y
point on a generated graph.  If there are two DEFs, it should display
info for the one the mouse is "over" (or ideally "closest to" so the
user doesn't have to be pixel-exact).

I realize that this may involve som AJAX to fetch the data from RRD file
on the server given the (x,y) on the image, or alternatively huge DATA
structures in the HTML file, but am prepared to deal with that.

Has this been done before? Does anybody know how to do that?

Peter

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com