[rrd-users] Find the DEF and value at x, y on graph image (for mouse-over)?

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sun Nov 18 23:30:09 CET 2007

Hi Peter,

There is curently no way of figuring out what is what on a graph
short of re-implementing the graphing feature ... if you check the
mailinglist, you see that there is some work going on for more
flexible return values from rrd_graph ... this may not be enough in
your case ..

another aproach would be to use rrd_xport to get xml data
representations of what you want to graph, and draw client side
using canvas ... maybe even patching rrd_xport to give you json
output to make the transport more efficient ... this would
unfortunately mean that you have to re-implement the graphing
functionality client side ... all the data-massage work though can
happen server side.

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902