[rrd-users] rrdtool graph ( v1.2.24 ) hangs on AIX 5.3

Hans-Joachim Ehlers HansJoachim.Ehlers at eumetsat.int
Mon Nov 19 11:18:20 CET 2007

Problem:
I successfully build rrdtool v1.2.24 on AIX ML 6 with IBM xlc v8.
But i have the problem that after a some time and ONLY on a certain database the command " rrdtool graph  .. " will hang in a loop. I build a debug version that shows me that i have for some values a NaNQ ( Not a Need number ? ).

But first i would like to figure out if it is a AIX problem or not. So if somebody could test the trouble causing rrd database http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/attachment/ticket/123/weight.rrd  with rrdtool >= 1.2.23 and post the result.
The test commands are given below: ( Output goes to stdout )
BTW: With rrdtool 1.2.13 i do not have this problem on the same database

tia
Hajo

# Runs
rrdtool graph -    \
        --imgformat PNG         \
        --start 1195050792      \
        --end 1195053850        \
        --width 300 --height 75 \
        --title weight          \
        --color BACK#ffffff     \
        DEF:sum="weight.rrd":sum:AVERAGE        \
         AREA:sum#0000ff:"tcvulcanus last hour (now -1.00)"

# failed ( loops forever )
rrdtool graph -    \
        --imgformat PNG         \
        --start 1195050792      \