[rrd-users] backup of the rrd file

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Wed Nov 21 20:02:42 CET 2007

Hello,

Am 18.11.2007 um 18:52 schrieb Fabien Wernli:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 05:10:49PM +0100, Peter Mueller wrote:
>> lock is released? Can the rrd file become inconsistent?
>
> You should be safe. One way to put it is you don't care about that
> when you run another rrdtool process to graph the data you're
> currently
> writing to, do you?

there might be 3 processes:

1) one writing
2) one reading (web server)
3) one doing the copy

It might be unrealistic that all 3 run at exactly the same time. But
you never know.

I think 1 and 2 at the same time is no problem. But what happes when
1 and 3 runs
at the same time. Is the copy ok or corrupt?

Regards,
Peter

--
Peter Mueller