[rrd-users] Macosx-Linux, architecture dependent

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:52:16 CET 2007

Hi list,
at work we develop and deploy mainly on machines running the Linux
operating system. At home I use a Macosx system.

The other day i took some rrd files from work at home and I run fetch
on each rrd. What I discovered is that the results were the same.

So I would like to ask the list if the rrd file created on a linux
machine can be read on a MacosX system? At least in practice it
worked. But is there anything that I miss here or overlook considering
the fact that rrd files are machine dependent.

Thanks in advance,
Christos