[rrd-users] Adding aberrant detection to existing RRD files

Livio Zanol Puppim livio.zanol.puppim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 01:07:32 CET 2007

Hello Bragatto!

Well,
Your calc is wrong... After subtracting the old step from the new one,
rrdtool makes a division with the step number used in the "rrdtool create"
command, to get the bps(bits per second) rating... This is used if the
COUNTER DS type was used in the create step, so after getting the "OID
counter" (74335473981897) you need to multiply by 300 to get the value that
you want. To get RRDTool to not make the division you need to use ABSOLUTE,
but then, you will have only BITS as the unit measured.

So:
74335473981897 - 74335472553937 = 1427960
1427960/300(step) = 4759,86666... (the value you wanted)

But, you 've already got a solution from Kiss Gabor...

[]'s
Cheers,
Lívio Zanol Puppim.

ps.: To querendo pegar umas equações de estatísticas loucas e aplicar ao
rrd, porém somente quando o gráfico for solicitado, assim eu posso ter
qualquer tipo de cálculo estatístico nos meus dados, sem impactar de forma
absurda a máquina, porém como to com 500 coisas pra fazer vai ficar pra mais
tarde... :)