[rrd-users] AREA starting at value rather than at y=0

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Oct 4 23:35:16 CEST 2007

using rrdtool-1.0.45

I have a value with a +/- error margin . I'd like to have an
AREA starting at (value-error) of height 2*error to give a
band of color corresponding to the error limits.

I've tried starting the bottom with AREA:(value-error) using
black or white as the color of AREA, but these colors are
obtrusive. I'd rather have a transparent AREA. (I then STACK
2*error.) Alternately I use LINE2 for the lower limit, the
most likely value, and the upper limit, but then there are 3
lines and the viewer thinks I'm plotting 3 values.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe