[rrd-users] Find first non-NaN value in RRD?

David Carmean david.carmean at netapp.com
Fri Oct 12 22:01:10 CEST 2007

I need to programmatically choose between dozens, if not a hundred,
pairs of RRD files to determine which have the "best" or the "most"
data.  One of the things I'm doing is an rrddump and fgrep to count
the number of non-NaN samples.  But I also need to find the first
and last non-NaN values in the the RRD.  There's only one ds per
RRD (Zenoss).  rrdfirst is not behaving as I'd expect.  It gives
me the first/oldest slot, no matter whether it has a valid sample or
not.

Somebody has to have solved this problem?

Thanks.

--
David Carmean						Network Appliance, Inc
Infosystems Architect,					495 E. Java Drive