[rrd-users] rrdtool seg fault using GPRINT

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Oct 17 13:13:08 CEST 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 12:02:24AM -0300, Salatiel Filho wrote:

> Hi guys , i am trying to use rrdtool but everytime i try to use some GPRINT
> function i get segmentation fault. This limits a lot the use of rrdtool.
> Could anyone lead me to a solution. I had de debian etch binary 1.2.15 for
> arm , and now i have 1.2.23 compiled by myself. Both segfault.

The script you show is much to complicated for debugging purposes.

Remove elements from your script until the problem doesn't show itself,
or until you end up without results.  Start by using only one of the
DSes, for instance only "a".

Maybe the problem disappears if you use less memory; then we may need
to hunt down some code problem.

Another thing to try: in the trouble tickets I notice a report claiming
segfaults when LANG=C.  Changing this to anything else (LANG=banana)
would fix the problem.  Unfortunately this bug was solved as "worksforme",
probably because its submitter didn't respond anymore.

Try printing less information, such as only "%8.2lf", or only "Current",
and so on. Does this make a difference?  Try changing the options to printf.
And so on.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/