[rrd-users] Question concerning Archives and creating graphs

Patrik Grill pgrill at tesnet-group.de
Wed Oct 24 21:04:25 CEST 2007

Hi all together,

i'm using JRobin but i guess the problem is the same - so I transfer my
problem from jrobin code to rrdtool code:

I've created a rrd database with one datasource and two archives, both of
the consolidation function AVERAGE, but with different steps and rows, like
this:

DS:input:GAUGE:600:0:U

RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700

RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:2:300

Now I want to generate a graph for each archive, but with:

DEF:in=traffic.rrd:input:AVERAGE

I always get the first archive plotted (RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700)--- how can I
plot the second archive (RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:2:300) ?

Or am I complete wrong in my understanding of the RRDTool ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Patrik