[rrd-users] UTF-8 encoding + transparency

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Sep 4 15:38:32 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 04:03:09PM +0300, George Andonov wrote:

> I have two questions regarding RRD graph.

[snip font and encoding]

Sorry, can't help.

> 2. How to add "transparency" to the area?
> Quote from the documentation:
>     ... Additionally you can add an alpha channel (transparency). The
> default will be ``FF'' which means non-transparent. ...
> Please provide some examples.

AREA:somevalue#FF0000:red
AREA:somevalue#FF0000FF:red
AREA:somevalue#FF000080:transparent_red
AREA:somevalue#FF000000:invisible

These numbers are hexadecimal.

Colors are RGBT or RRGGBBTT, where R or RR describes the amount of
red, G and B similar for green and blue. T or TT describes how solid
a color is: 0x00 is completely see-through, 0x80 is half see-through,
0xFF is completely solid and nothing shines through.

If only one digit per color is used, then the possible values
are 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F.

If two digits are used, 00 01 02 03 .. 0e 0f 10 11 12 .. 1e 1f 20 21..
2e 2f...3f...4f...fe ff.

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt