[rrd-users] Cygwin build problems for 1.2.23

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Sep 5 03:41:40 CEST 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Darren Dunham wrote:

> The issue here seems to be that the freetype, art, and png libraries
> are not added to the gcc line.  If I add them by hand, the compile
> works.

> The configure program found them, but the Makefile it creates in this
> directory doesn't feed them to the compiler.

I don't know what the adepts do, but I find I have to steer
some compiles/configures by hand, like you did adding
libraries to the compile line.

When I get to your 2nd problem I have to figure out the
compile line or the Makefile and get the compile object out
from the command line. Most of the time when you go back to
the top of the compile tree, the Makefile will see the
compiled object and be happy. Sometimes libtool starts from
scratch erasing the object files and you're history.

I looked at the configure docs once. They're about an inch
thick and would take a lot of time to figure out what's
going on. I gave up.

Joe