[rrd-users] Help -how to extract rrd data for script variables

Rob Conway rjconway at bigpond.com
Sun Sep 9 13:37:16 CEST 2007

I was hoping someone could help me out in a script snippet (hopefully bash) in how to extract data from an rrd to be used within script variables.

example... I would like to get four variables that represented say max daily, min daily, avg daily and last value.  I do not want to plot a graph  just use the rrd database to extract the four pieces of information and place them in my script  variable so I can biuld a simple report  I already have the rrd's setup for max, min avg

cheers.