[rrd-users] error experienced while installing rrdtool 1.3 beta

Sattish Vaasudevan sattish at collab.net
Mon Sep 10 16:38:32 CEST 2007

Dear Sir,

Herewith i attached the error prompted while installing rrdtool 1.3 beta

Platform : RedHAt Linux Rel 3

Find 3rd-Party Libraries
checking for cairo_font_options_create in -lcairo... yes
checking cairo.h usability... no
checking cairo.h presence... no
checking for cairo.h... no
checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
configure: WARNING:
* I found a copy of pkgconfig, but there is no cairo-png.pc file around.
  You may want to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to point to its
  location.

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cairo-png. Check config.log for
hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcairo and its header
files. If
  you have not installed cairo-png, you can get it either from its
original home on

     http://cairographics.org/releases/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of cairo-png is 1.4.6.

       LIBS=-lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS=

checking for pango_cairo_context_set_font_options in -lpango-1.0... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) pkg-config
configure: WARNING:
* I found a copy of pkgconfig, but there is no pangocairo.pc file
around.
  You may want to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to point to its
  location.

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of pangocairo. Check config.log for
hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libpango-1.0 and its header
files. If
  you have not installed pangocairo, you can get it either from its
original home on

     http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/pango/1.17

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of pangocairo is 1.17.

       LIBS=-lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS=

configure: error: Please fix the library issues listed above and try
again.

Can anybody help on this issue. Thanks
Sattish.