[rrd-users] suppressing DSes with avg of NaN when graphing?

R.P. Aditya aditya at grot.org
Fri Sep 28 03:54:21 CEST 2007

I often have RRD graphs of 10s of DSes to graph and frequently many of the
DSes don't have any values for the timeperiod. Given the limited number of
colors, many of the DSes share the same color, so I'm interested in NOT
graphing or having the legend for just those DSes which:

- have an average (or whatever CF) of NaN (or ideally a value that can be
specified, like 0)

- or haven't been updated since the start value for the graph.

I can't think of a way to do this in RRD graph directly, but rather would have
to be done in the picking of the DSes phase...

however if it can be done in the RRD graph phase, that would be ideal -- and
if so, is this a worth feature request?

thanks,
Adi