[rrd-users] gauges

R Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 20:25:44 CEST 2008

Hi folks....I'm having difficulty understanding some concepts using
GAUGE with rrd creation.
My goal is to do hourly reporting. I've spent a couple weeks going
over the websites docs and tutorials and I've found some of the
information helpful, but the rest seem over my head, causing more
confusion than anything else.

For GAUGE types, do I *need* RRAs of MIN MAX and AVERAGE? Would *just*
LAST work best, and if not, why not?

Since I want to report hourly, is there a need to have more than one
update inserted into the rrd per hour, and if so, why?

What relation does -s interval have in relation to reporting time?
Example, if I'm reporting on hourly data, must my -s arg be 3600?

Thanks

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com