[rrd-users] Storing RRD data and HDD I/O

Andy Riebs andy.riebs at hp.com
Tue Apr 8 18:15:44 CEST 2008

Hi Ilja,

There are 2 ways to interpret your query, so I'll answer them both:

1. No, there is no difference between storing the single datum "0" or "100"
2. Depending on your OS, file system, disk drive and controller, and rrd
layout, it is possible that storing many data will generate more disk
I/O than storing a single datum.

HTH!
/andy