[rrd-users] Using rrd-files cross architecture

Volker Machon volker.machon at de.clara.net
Tue Apr 1 15:27:46 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new in using rrdtool to read out rrd-files and generate
graphs from it. I do have a really big problem. I create rrd-files of
several hosts/services on a 64bit architecture and I would like to
generate graphs out of it on a 32bit architecture but I always get the
error, that the rrd-file was created on a different architure.
I read on some forums that I can dump the files and restore them on the
32bit system. But this will take me a lot of time, because I have a lot
of files furthermore there will be many I/O operations on both systems
while dumping and restoring the files. And I need the generated graphs
as fast as it would be if I just generate them calling "rrdtool graph".
So dump and restore is not a good choice for me.

Do you have any ideas, workarounds or solutions for me?

With kind regards

Volker

--
Mit herzlichen Grüßen

Volker Machon
Systems Developer
Claranet GmbH
--
Tel +49 (0) 69 - 40 80 18 - 257  Fax - 279
E-Mail volker.machon at de.clara.net
--
Claranet Gmbh - Managed Services Provider
DE | UK | FR | NL | ES | PT | US