[rrd-users] Using rrd-files cross architecture

Andy Riebs andy.riebs at hp.com
Thu Apr 10 13:32:05 CEST 2008

Hi Volker,

In your situation, it sounds like it would be best to generate the
graphs on the systems where the data are collected. You might consider
some combination of

- Store the graphs in an NFS-mounted file system so that
  they will be readily available to the system that generates
  the reports
- Set up a mini-rrd server (I'd use Perl/cgi) that responds to
  specific requests, and either returns the graph image or a
  pointer to a file on a shared file system.

hth!
/andy