[rrd-users] RRD and Respironics Smart Card

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Wed Apr 23 08:54:40 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:17:08PM -0400, Chris wrote:
> Sorry, I have to ask...
> So, how is your weight affected when you 'rrdtool dump'?

yikes! :-)

> I'm looking for suggestions or pointers about how to unlock and
> dump such a file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

you were talking about reinventing the wheel... you'd be surprised how many
times it has been done. Moreover, 99% of the times it has been done lazily,
knowing it must already exist somehow. Which means in your particular case,
that your binary format is most likely very basic a design, and should be easy
to reverse-engineer - but I might be wrong :)