[rrd-users] bindings for RHEL5 and RRD1.2.x?

yiannis at vavouranakis.gr yiannis at vavouranakis.gr
Wed Apr 23 10:59:27 CEST 2008

> The subject says it all.
>

> Does anyone have a (compiled) rrdtool.so PHP module for RHEL5 that uses
> RRDTool1.2.x?  I have a copy of the Dag RPM for RHEL5, but this is
> rrdtool 1.0.x and so doesn't work with my v3 RRD files.  I found a
> RRDTool1.2 version for FC8, but RHEL5 uses an older version of PHP and
> the modules are not compatible.  I also do not have the PHP source code
> handy nor free time to do the whole recompilation thing, as it's all
> been installed and maintained by RPM and I don't want to replace the
> existing PHP.
>

> Hopefully, someone has already gone through the pain of recompiling and
> can send me a copy of the /usr/lib/php/modules/rrdtool.so file.  Thanks
> in advance if anyone can...
>

> Steve

I've installed rrdtool 1.2.x on CentOS4, and I remember that I found quite
a lot of RPM's for RHEL 5 (and NOT dag). See for instance
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/5697999/com/rrdtool-1.2.23-0.rhel5.i386.rpm.html

I tried the dag RPM and it failed utterly.

Hope it helps.

Yiannis Vavouranakis