[rrd-users] Port RRDTool to Arm/Linux - Which Linux?

Petteri Matilainen pmatil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 07:11:10 CEST 2008

On 8/1/08, Mark Easton <mark63 at azurebell.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi P.M.,
>
> I saw this ...
> http://ramblingfoo.blogspot.com/2007/07/how-to-build-rrdtool-with-soft-float
> .html.
>
> Was it difficult to build RRDTool on debian/ARM?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I haven't heard that soft-float thing before. From the link you
posted, it seems difficult to include it. I have once tried to set up
a cross-compiler environment but then there was cryptic configure or
make errors which I couldn't figure out. It was different toolchain
too.

Compiling RRDtool natively wasn't difficult at all. I had to disable
compiler optimizations, though because if I didn't RRDtool would take
30 minutes to run and display irrational numbers on the graphs (like
2328742376547365). That was clearly some kind of math issue
(related?). At the moment it takes about 2 minutes to draw 2 PNGs that
have one dataset each. The unit is a temperature logger which takes 2
samples every minute and draws pictures every 5 minutes.

regards,

Petteri