[rrd-users] Syslog Messages Graph GPRINT Error

Robert Gabriel ephemeric at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 09:09:22 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Here is the debug output:

---###---
RRDTool Command:

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="Anomaly - Syslog Messages" \
--base=1000 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="" \
--slope-mode \
--font TITLE:12: \
--font AXIS:8: \
--font LEGEND:10: \
--font UNIT:8: \
DEF:a="/usr/share/cacti/rra/anomaly_total_22.rrd":total:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="/usr/share/cacti/rra/anomaly_total_22.rrd":total:MAX \
DEF:c="/usr/share/cacti/rra/anomaly_total_22.rrd":incoming:AVERAGE \
DEF:d="/usr/share/cacti/rra/anomaly_total_22.rrd":incoming:MAX \
AREA:a#FF5700FF:"New"  \
GPRINT:a:LAST:"      Current\:"  \
GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average\:"  \
GPRINT:b:MAX:"Max\:\n"  \
LINE1:c#4444FFFF:"Processed"  \
GPRINT:c:LAST:"Current\:"  \
GPRINT:c:AVERAGE:"Average\:"  \
GPRINT:d:MAX:"Max\:"

RRDTool Says:

ERROR: bad format for GPRINT in '      Current:'

I can't see any extra spaces in the template. I looked on the forum
and this issue has been addressed before:

http://forums.cacti.net/about22506.html.

So I tried to apply the patch to 0.8.7b, but no joy. All the official
patches do work though.
I can't use the stock Ubuntu package as I need the plugin
architecture. Is there a complete package
available somewhere? Either source or .deb?

patching file rrd.php
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file rrd.php.rej

Thanks.