[rrd-users] PHP Binding - php_rrdtool.tgz - Invalid Archive

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:08:22 CEST 2008

100%[=======================================================================================>]
 > 9,353         41.76K/s
 >
 > 14:18:58 (41.69 KB/s) - `php_rrdtool.tgz' saved [9353/9353]
 >
 > # tar -zxvf php_rrdtool.tgz
 > rrdtool/
 > rrdtool/config.m4
 > rrdtool/php_rrdtool.h
 > rrdtool/rrdtool.c
 > rrdtool/rrdtool_logo.h
 >
 > Unless Tobi has already fixed this :-)
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Bernard

Hi Bernard,

I tried the same technique as yours using wget and works beautifully.
Unfortunately though it fails miserably when you try to download it
using a web browser(a more common thing to do I think). If you do
through the browser, the tgz archive you download is invalid and can't
be open. I tried the other tar.gz archives and they download and open
fine. Only the php_rrdtool.tgz has the problem. I noticed though that
when i click on the php_rrdtool.tgz the browser opens the contents
inside the browser(garbage data) while with the other types of archive
tar.gz when I click it offers me the option dialog to do a save as.

The browser I use is Mozilla Firefox v.3.0.1 under Ubuntu Hardy

Regards,
Christos