[rrd-users] Problem with rrd and zyxel router

Denis Beltramo denis.beltramo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:57:22 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a problem with rrdtool. For my adsl I have a zyxel modem. I
have 1 computer that download form the server on the internet.
The statistic on the lan interface are correct: 266Kbit inbound and
1,34Mbit in outbound.
The problem are the ppp interface the statistic are: inbound 156Kbit
outbound 525Kbit, but are wrong because must be similar to lan
inteface: outbound about 1,34Mbit inbound about 266Kbit.

I have see a rrd file with rrdtool info and fetch, and with rrdtune I
have tried to modify a max value but don't work corretly
info say on ethernet:

rrd_version = "0003"
step = 300
last_update = 1219139701
ds[traffic_out].type = "COUNTER"
ds[traffic_out].minimal_heartbeat = 600
ds[traffic_out].min = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[traffic_out].max = 1.0000000000e+08
ds[traffic_out].last_ds = "1892792402"
ds[traffic_out].value = 9.0382608696e+02
ds[traffic_out].unknown_sec = 0
ds[traffic_in].type = "COUNTER"
ds[traffic_in].minimal_heartbeat = 600
ds[traffic_in].min = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[traffic_in].max = 1.0000000000e+08
ds[traffic_in].last_ds = "506402053"
ds[traffic_in].value = 2.9705695652e+04
ds[traffic_in].unknown_sec = 0

info say on ppp:
ds[traffic_out].type = "COUNTER"
ds[traffic_out].minimal_heartbeat = 600
ds[traffic_out].min = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[traffic_out].max = 6.4000000000e+05
ds[traffic_out].last_ds = "989890990"
ds[traffic_out].value = 5.8557899666e+04
ds[traffic_out].unknown_sec = 0
ds[traffic_in].type = "COUNTER"
ds[traffic_in].minimal_heartbeat = 600
ds[traffic_in].min = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[traffic_in].max = 6.4000000000e+05
ds[traffic_in].last_ds = "364451340"
ds[traffic_in].value = 1.7806909699e+04
ds[traffic_in].unknown_sec = 0

Do you have suggestion how to correct this error?
Thanks!

--
Denis Beltramo