[rrd-users] Segmentation Fault

Caio Brentano caiobrentano at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:10:30 CEST 2008

Hey all

I'm have a perl script that fetch a lot of rrds to do some reports.

I have developed a new version of this script using threads to improve
performance, but now the script is breaking in a "Segmentation Fault".

I noticed that it is causing by RRD::fetch because this is the only
line that I comment and  everything goes ok. I debbuged all script,
and everyting seems to be right. I'm getting convinced that RRD::fetch
is not thread safe.

Anyone have had this problem?

P.S.: I'm using 'threads' module in perl. Each rrd file is fetched
only by one thread.

Thanks in advance.
--
Caio Brentano