[rrd-users] Memory leak in W32 version

Christian Kohler christian.kohler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:42:47 CET 2008

The latest w32 binary for Windows XP that I was able to find is 1.2.28 on
gknw.net.
I noticed a memory leak when I do an update with this version. I wrote this
crude batch file to verify it:

*:beginning
rrdtool update test.rrd N:15
goto beginning
*

This runs as fast as it can, so it will generate lots of errors about trying
to update with a <1 sec timestep, but it will do a lot of calls to
rrdtool.exe. On my machine this will use about 100 Mb in 30 seconds, and
just keeps going till the machine runs out of free RAM.

I normally use it from Python, and I update my rrd once a second. It will
use up about 2Gb in 24 hours, so still not workable.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks,

Christian