[rrd-users] Optimize RRD update

Gwenael Lahay gwenael.lahay at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 3 18:48:06 CET 2008

Hi,

I update my rrd file to put zero values because my rrd file stores 3
frequency of the same data.

I store a data every one minute in the rdd file.

Then the rrd tool calculates the average value for 5 minutes and half and
hour.

But, if i did not put zero value in the rdd, the rrd tool never calculates
correctly the average value for 5 minutes and half and hour.
For example, i have the following value for a 5 minutes interval :
NaN 3 NaN NaN NaN NaN
The program store a NaN data for this 5 minutes interval.

 Perhaps, i have made a mistake in my creation parameters ?
It is also possible that the values that i stored are so small that the rrd
tool calculte an average of zero ?

Thanks