[rrd-users] MRTG/RRD Intermittent Graphs

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Mon Feb 4 17:44:43 CET 2008

Hi,

I had tremendous performance issues when migrating from an old server running linux
2.4.x and rrdtool 1.2.y to a new server running linux 2.6.w and rrdtool
1.2.y. (managing 20000 rrd files).

The only plausible cause that I was left with was the kernel handling IOs
differently.
The upgrade to rrdtool 1.3beta solved my performance issue (reads divided by
a lot (10 or more if I remember correctly)).

I can only say, if you upgraded from kernel 2.4 to 2.6, try rrdtool 1.3